Junior Basic Bushcraft Survival Course (2 Days)
Tailored to suit juniors aged between 10 and 16, the 2 Day Junior Basic Bushcraft Survival Course is similar to our adult 3 day course, however the teaching style, content, structure and lesson duration are adapted to favour the younger generation.
Our aim is to help students to explore and enjoy the natural world safely through a mixture of various fundamental bushcraft and survival skills, helping them to problem solve, gain self-confidence and develop a respect for nature.
The 2 Day Junior Basic Bushcraft Survival Course is a fun and challenging educational experience for junior boys and girls who want to learn about the natural world and gain some valuable life skills along the way.
Ready to bed down for the night in your emergency shelter
Students will learn:
- survival priorities and what is important
- safe use and supervision of cutting tools
- simple knots and cordage
- how to construct a simple emergency shelter
- simple and effective fire lighting techniques (modern methods)
- how to make water safe to drink
- useful plants of the local area
- staying seen and signaling for help
- finding your way in the bush
- camp cooking
- bush hygiene
The price of this course includes one child and one adult. Please only book a place for the child. Even though the focus will be on the children, adults will be expected to supervise their children and help with some of the tasks.
Catering and Food
All meals will be provided on this course with full opportunity for each student to learn and be involved in preparing and cooking food using a campfire. Learn how to use a camp oven, bake bread and cook in the coals.
Tea, coffee, biscuits, fresh water and cordial, as well as a fruit bowl will also be provided at the base camp.
The entire course will be held outdoors and you will be camping out either in the equipment you bring (please see kit list) or in the emergency shelter you build which is encouraged.
A great bonding experience
The Junior Basic Bushcraft Survival Course is run at both our NSW and NT locations and is conducted in natural surroundings from an outdoor expedition style base camp. The outdoor campfire classroom provides an enlightening immersion into nature, helping our students to re-connect with the natural world on their journey to becoming more self-reliant. The outdoor setting provides a wonderful wilderness experience.
All course locations have parking available and are ‘reasonably’ accessible via public transport.
Course: Junior Basic Bushcraft Survival Course (2 Days)
Date: 12-13 October 2019
To express your interest in booking a place on an upcoming 2 Day Junior Basic Bushcraft Survival Course or to enquire about our customised training:
Click below to book your spot now.
- Price: $350 per child (includes one free adult). Juniors 16 and under must be accompanied.
- Included: All instruction, food & beverages, land use fees, GST and your own Mora of Sweden Bushcraft knife to keep.
- Maximum number of places: 12
- Minimum age: 10 - Maximum age: 16
- This course starts at 9:00am on day 1 and finishes at 4:30pm on day 2.
- Upon making your booking you will receive a link to the participant consent form, which must be filled out and returned right away, and other documentation about what to bring and where to go.
|New dates to be advised||Sydney||2 Day Junior Bushcraft Survival Course||Enquire here|